Thursday, April 21, 2011

5 qualities to look for in a guy

So this week, I was assigned to write a post on the 5 most attractive qualities-- or at least the ones I look for-- in a guy.  Well I do have a boyfriend who I've been dating for a year and a half whom I care about so very much and hopefully will marry someday, but only God knows really! So here are the 5 qualities I find most important, from my own personal experiences...

1. A Godly Man

So this one is pretty much a given.  As a Christian I will never even consider marrying a man that isn't in love with God fully and completely.  He also needs to show me that he will be the spiritual leader of our family and show me that he is wise in his decisions as well as responsible!  No one is perfect, but I want to make sure the man that I choose to marry walks with God in all aspects of his life. 

2. #1 in his eyes 

I want to be absolutely sure that the man I end up marrying loves me with his whole heart and every little quirky, insanely annoying thing about me.  As selfish as that sounds, I know that is how it has to be for a marriage to work the way God intended it to.  If he doesn't show you that he cares about you and that you are absolutely the most beautiful, precious thing he's ever known, he's not treating you the way you deserve, ladies!


3. My best friend

The person I want to someday marry needs to be someone I enjoy being around no matter what.  The one I'm excited to tell everything to, good and bad. Someone who builds me up and makes me just an all-around better person.  Someone who truly is my best friend.  

 


4. Smart and driven

I know that seems too simple but for me, I know that I want to marry someone who is intelligent; someone who really thinks things through. He must be able to support our family someday, and if he has already worked hard for a degree and pursued a career, that shows me he would be able to.  I don't care how much money we have or how big our house is, but I want to marry a man that will  work hard to provide no matter what that might mean.

5.  Someone who shares my dreams and ambitions

I've been told many, many times that dreaming is never a bad thing.  If you don't dream big, you have no standards to meet, and you will end up achieving very little in your life.  I already have a few dreams of my own and I'm sure those will change as I get older, but I want a guy who admires that and wants to help me follow them someday.  

So, these are just a few of the many, many necessary qualities I look for in a guy.  I think too many girls settle when it comes to finding a boyfriend or a husband even, and I think that is such a huge mistake.  You are worth so much in God's eyes, and take it from me: if the man you're with doesn't treat you with respect or make you feel loved and cherished the way you should, he is NOT the man God has waiting for you.  So never ever tell yourself you're being too picky; chances are you won't have any doubts when you've actually found The Perfect Man!



3 comments:

  1. I think you're a hopeless romantic Alyssa ;) but that's a good thing. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the only one in the class who really knows Jordan, I definitely think you should show this to him. :) I especially like #4 but come on, you know you care at least a little bit about the money because how else are you going to hire a maid like you always wanted? jk :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like anna leighs idea about a maid....lol I love number 5! That is something that is extremely important. If he doesn't share that then he won't understand you.

    ReplyDelete