Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bloody Wes Teague/Tie-Dyed Cupcakes!

This week, I was assigned to write a review on a book I've recently read called Bloody Wes Teague.  I must say, I was impressed with this book! I tend to stick to my tight genre of modern-day teen romantic comedies, christian literature, and otherwise only read the required books for school.  I have learned a valuable lesson: It pays to read outside the box!

It only makes you a better writer and helps you in all other aspects of your education to be able to read and comprehend all different aspects of literature. If you never expand your horizons, you'll never know what you're missing out on! So moral of the story, put down those video games, shut off your television set, and read, read, read!

Now, back to that book..

Bloody Wes Teague




Bloody Wes Teague is a western fiction novel with a romantic twist, perfect for action lovers and hopeless romantics of all ages!
Wes Teague is a tough, rough cowboy from the west, with his sights set on a prim 'n proper southern belle.  Determined to capture the love of his life and sweep her back to his Wyoming ranch, he sets off to Colorado to win her heart.   Encountering a few unexpected problems along the way, Wes Teague proves himself to truly be the baddest cowboy in all the Wild West!

I would highly recommend this book for basically anyone.  It was an easy read, held my attention, and kept me wanting to read on the way any good book should.  Besides the mild violence, this book would be great for anyone from 12-95 :)  I've never read any western fiction before reading this book and I definitely think I'm going to have to start! My grandmother was always watching old western shows or reading books about cowboys, and I never quite understood her fascination.  It's been a few years since then and I'm beginning to realize, cowboys are quite a fun subject to write about :)

So take it from me, and start reading books you normally wouldn't even think to pick up; I have a feeling you will be pleasantly surprised by all the benefits!

Now, of course for a recipe :)

I brought snacks for the Cubbies class at my church this past Tuesday night, and decided to try these colorful cupcakes.  The recipe was super easy and actually really fun to make! The different colored batter/icing can be a little time consuming, but is definitely well-worth the effort!

                                  Tie-Dyed Cupcakes



 

 

Ingredients:                                                                          325 F.
1 box white cake mix
water,oil,eggs called for on cake mix box
1 box white chocolate instant pudding
food coloring of choice (at least 5 colors)

For frosting: 1/2 lb. powdered sugar
                   1 stick butter
                   1/4 c. shortening
                   1 T. vanilla
                   4-8 T. milk
                   food coloring

 Directions:
Make cake mix according to box, adding 1/4 cup extra water after pudding.  Split batter up into seperate bowls, adding several drops of food coloring to each.  Drop a teaspoon of each color of batter into lined cupcake pans and twirl a toothpick through each one. bake for 14-16 minutes.  Cool completely. 

For frosting:
Mix all ingredients aside from food coloring on low speed for 2 minutes or until well-combined.  Split up icing into seperate cups and add food coloring to each, same as above.  (I used red, purple, blue, green, and yellow but any colors you want work!) drop a tablespoon of each color frosting in tip of icing bag, and pipe onto cupcakes.  Do not mix icing once in bag or make too thin, or the colors will run together! Store in refrigerator for up to one week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment